Monday 3 December 2012

Keeping The Faith Alive

This afternoon I got to an argument with my boyfriend because we're having some time issue. Exams week is now here and we can't see each other as much as we want to.
Okay, let's now come to a whole different story. I was in a fellowship of my ministry. A Christmas fellowship. And there my life has been recovered, God has touched my heart, again.
You might want to ask about connection between the title, my boyfriend and my Christmas fellowship. I suddenly thought, what if God said "dear, I love you. But I can not always be with you, take care,okay?"
I think that feeling is similar with being apart from my boyfriend, you'll somehow feel lonely. It is easy to be faithful if he is near and he can always be there. It is easy to be faith ful when you get to see him as much as you want, and when he stays sweet. But what if he's in aland far away to achieve his dreams? What if he can't contact you as much as you want him to?
Same thing happen with our relationship with God. It's easy to believe in Him, to trust Him when the water's quiet and there's no wind. It's easy to believe in His power and mercy when you can feel His hand holding yours. When He can always answer you. But what if the water's get rough and the wind blows hard. You reach out for His hand and He doesn't seem to be there? You shout "Lord where are You?" ad there's no response. Can you still say "I believe"? Can you be faithful with putting all your fears in His feet?
I failed once in this test. I went on my own, felt like I can make it alone. But we can't.
We often cheat over Him by holding on to something else. Like ourselves. We hold on to our own understanding and pride.
It is about keeping the faith alive, even when you can't feel Him. The key is to just believe. Believe that deep down, you know He's watching over you. Be like, who? I forgot. One of the disciples of Jesus who sang praises when Mary told them that Jesus is alive. Just believe.
Have a blessed final exam week guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment