Sunday 19 February 2012

Choices

Do you know about R.L Stine? Maybe he lives in 1980's. He is one of my favorite writer.
He doesn't write my kind of story, like romantic or sweet stories, no. He writes horror. Alright, this doesn't feel right.
But you know what I mean, rite?
My favorite was the fear street series, but that's not what I'm going to write.
There was one series, about Halloween, that allowed us, reader, to choose.
We become the main character.
The first page is about the introduction of the story, and the last sentence of it will be a question. Which one do you choose?
And you must choose wisely. If you don't, you die.
But since it's not our life, since I can turn back to the page from which the last question came from, I don't think much.
If I die in the next page, I can always turn over.
But sadly, in real life, when you die, you simply die.
You can't turn over and start new.
And once you choose, well, you must live with it and the consequences for a life time.
It's like our life, you know, this book.
When you were young, the introduction, you get to know the people you live with, the opportunities that lies within, who wants to stand by you and who wants to stab you in the back.
And each time you're getting older, you are given a question. Maybe, you don't die in each question, the stakes are higher in the book than in our life.
But, in life, there's no U-turn.
And when you did one simple mistake, when you chose the wrong path,
What is left then?
The what ifs, what if I chose that path over the one I'm walking on?
What if I chose him over this guy I'm spending my life with?
Unlike these book, your story worth so much more.
When you have to decide something big in your life, there will be multiple times of doubt.
When you question everything about life, when you question your God about the obstacle.
When you finally question about God's being in your life.
And this phase is undeniable.
But what matter is the answer you get after a long journey of your doubt.
One of this will happen, your faith is getting stronger, or....
you leave your God because of your own doubt.
So choose wisely.
And if, just if, God allows something bad happen in your life, it's not that much to bear.
Yes, you can cry, you can cry yourself until there's no more tear left.
But, after that, get a hold on yourself.
Be strong.
Stand still.
Why? Because God is holding your hand. Have faith guys, Happy Sunday, wonderful weeks ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment