Sunday 26 February 2012

Quitter

One day, in my crazy busy routine, I find myself reading a phase that a friend of mine wrote in her blackberry's personal message. It was simple, yet the meaning is deep. At least for me.
It said "Lord, You know that I'm not a quitter, but if You tell me to quit, I will."
What is a quitter. actually?
The word quitter refers to "one that quits; especially, one that gives up easily"
And believe it or not, quitter leads to loser.
But I believe none of us wants to be a quitter, I believe that you, yes you who's reading the post of my little unseen blog, are not a quitter.
But what if God tells you to quit?
There are times when He will ask you to put down all your dreams and plans that you've written in your to-do-list before I die.
When you look around for a way out but still, you can't find one.
And you look up, looking for a little hope, and He asks you to put things down, and walk in the path He has for you.
Will it be hard? Yes it will.
Don't complain, because after all, God never promise you a blue sky and chirping birds, a lifetime without storms. But He promised to be with you every step of the way.
Simply remember, that every step you take, He's with you.
And If He tells you to quit, it means that His plan towards you is far greater than your own "perfect plan".
When He ask you to put down your dreams and goal to walk on His path, you have to be ready for things like struggles, things like tears, times when you rather leave Him and follow your own plan, times when you think "He'll always love me anyway,".
Friends, there are reasons that we cannot always understand.
When you have to ask Him why many many times.
When you've done your best to a job, but still someone else is promoted ahead you.
You ask why Lord, why?
I really like this job, and why are You taking these away from me?
I really like this boy, why are You blocking our way?
I can shamelessly say that I don't have the answer with me. I don't know the reason why God is doing these things to you.
But you have to believe that He's up for good.
His plan towards you is full of dreams and hope for your future.
When things seems to be taken away from you, and you ask why, and there's no reply, all you can do is surrender.
Believe in God even when He's in silent.
But don't take this the wrong way. Each tasks and difficulty isn't always Him saying you have to quit.
Be smart also, don't simply surrender and say "It is all up to You, my Lord,"
You have to know when to  give everything up, and when to fight.
Be blessed, happy sunday, stay humble, and have a wonderful week ahead!
God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment